Young Scholars Child Care Center is a proud member of the Silver Circle of Quality through ExceleRate Illinois, the state’s new quality recognition and improvement system for early learning and development programs.
Young Scholars Child Care Center Offers:
- Full Time, Part Time, 3yr & 4yr old Preschool, 5yr old Jr. Kindergarten
- Creative Curriculum for all ages (6wks – 12yrs)
- Teaching Strategies Gold Developmental Assessments for all ages
- Handwriting Without Tears Program ages 3yrs and up
- ASQ Developmental & Social Emotional Screenings for all ages
- All Staff CPR and First Aid certified
We proudly partner with the following:
- McHenry County Health Dept Vision and Hearing Screening
- SEDOL Early Childhood Programs
- School Districts 118 & 15
- Options & Advocacy Services
- 4C – Community Coordinated Child Care
- Fundraising & Creating “Comfort Kits” for local Foster Care Agencies
Special Events & Activities:
- Preschool Open House & Graduation Ceremony
- Summer Camp Program (including Field Trips & In-house visitors)
- Weekly Stretch N Grow Activity Class & Super Soccer Stars Class
- Professional Photographer individual, sibling & class photos
- Book Fairs and Family Fun Nights
- Adult Only Events too
INFANTS, TODDLERS, TWOS, THREES, FOURS, FIVES AND SCHOOL-AGERS
See Our Curriculum
No one is more important to the world of tomorrow than the children of today. As adults, we can offer one great gift to the children in our lives which will help build their character and demonstrate our love. Time is one of the most precious gifts to give a child. The Young Scholars Child Care Center is committed to providing each child with caring and nurturing individual attention.
First, we think that children need a safe, clean, healthy and stimulating environment in which to grow and develop emotionally, intellectually, physically and socially. Our center was built around that idea! We provide an environment that allows children to learn using all five of their senses: Vision, Hearing, Touching, Tasting, and Smelling. We also believe that children develop and learn by interacting with adults, with each other, and with the world around them. We spend individual time with each child. Children also learn valuable lessons by watching and interacting with other children.
By providing a healthy and safe environment and the tools children need, each child can build a solid foundation that will carry them through a lifetime of growing and learning. Here at the Young Scholars Child Care Center, we emphasize the importance of giving each child the attention they need to grow by offering them a wide variety of child-orientated, growing experiences.
Please feel free to contact any of our Directors:
Ms. Kristen Director Kristen@youngscholarschildcare.com
Ms. Chrys Director of Development Curriculum@youngscholarschildcare.com
A recent interview with our Director, Kora Smith